Sardar Patel National Unity Award-2022
Sardar Patel National Unity Award-2022
Established in : 2019
Ministry of Home Affairs
The objective of the Award is to recognize the notable and inspiring contributions made by the citizens/ institutions/ organizations of India to promote the cause of national unity and integrity and to reinforce the value of a strong and united India.
1) Any citizen of India without distinction of religion, race, caste, gender, place of birth, age or occupation and any institution/organization shall be eligible for the Award. Only individuals/institutions/organizations would be eligible to apply for this Award.
2) The candidate for the Award should have made outstanding efforts and notable contribution to promote and further the cause of national unity and integrity in a manner that may serve as an inspiration to others, and reinforce the value of a strong and united India.
1) The decoration shall be in the form of a lotus leaf, six centimeter in length, six and two centimeter at its greatest breadth and four millimeter in thickness. It shall be of fine silver and gold.
2) On its obverse shall be embossed a replica of the lotus four and five centimeter circle and three-four of a centimeter in diameter with petals of lotus spreading out from sixteen petals and one-two of a centimeter the rope circle, and all sixteen petals attached/based with rope circle and inner circle a embossed photo of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel spreading out from one-six of a centimeter and between rope and circle of photo embossed the words SARDAR PATEL NATIONAL UNITY AWARD in Hindi.
3) The portrait of Sardar Patel will be embossed upon a circular shaped gold metal with diameter of two centimeter. On the reverse shall be embossed the State Emblem and motto in Hindi. The Emblem, the lotus and the petals shall be of fine silver plated with gold. The inscription shall be of frosted gold.
|No. of Awardees :|
Not more than 3 awards shall be given in a year.
|Who can nominate? :|
1) Any Indian national or institution or organization based in India can nominate an individual or institution or organization for consideration for this Award.
2) Individuals can also nominate themselves.
3) The recommendations for the award may also be invited from the State Governments/UT Administrations and Ministries/Departments of the Government of India who shall send their recommendations online.
|Selection Process :|
1) A Screening Committee will be constituted in the Ministry of Home Affairs under the chairmanship of Special Secretary/Additional Secretary, with two Joint Secretaries as Members.
2) The Screening Committee shall process the applications for eligibility and completeness and prepare a brief of profile on each nomination. It may also verify the authenticity of work claimed to have been done by the candidates. The Committee shall also identify or search for other deserving candidates for the award.
3) The Screening Committee shall place the applications, processed above, before the Award Committee.
4) Candidates selected for the Award would be subjected to verification by the investigating agencies of the Government with a view to ensuring that their character/ antecedents are above board.
|Ceremony Details :|
1) The Award shall be conferred by the President by a Sanad under his hand and seal and presented by him in a presentation ceremony along with the Padma Awards presentation ceremony which may be held in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
2) A commemorative brochure, containing the photograph and quotations of Sardar Patel on unity of India, citation and photograph of Award winner, will also be released on the day of the presentation ceremony.
The online nominations/recommendations for the Sadar Patel National Unity Award 2022 will start from 1st June, 2022 and the last date for the nominations is July 31st,2022
***Application should be submitted at Establishment Branch, DC Office, Aizawl***