The Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl District, Aizawl is located in the heart of the city "Teasury Square". Ensuring a well-run, fair, and effective public service are some of the goals of the Office.
The Office is organized into different branches as stated below:
The duties and activities of Arms Branch are as indicated below:
- Records and Registers are maintained for every Category of Arms separately.
- Explosive Possession License (Permit) are issued in accordance of Explosive Rules.
- Arms Repairing License are issued as per approval of Home Department, Government of Mizoram.
- Arms Dealership License are issued as per approval of Home Department, Government of Mizoram.
As per instructions of Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, National Database of Arm Licences (NDAL)project is being implemented in full swing. Before doing Online Registration, filtering is done for regularization of rightful ownership of Arms Licences.
As such, total applications for change of ownership of Arms Licences received from Aizawl District as on 25.02.2016 is as follows:-
- No. of applications already submitted to Home Dept. Govt. of Mizoram for approval—2469
- No. of applications received back from Home Dept. Govt. of Mizoram after approval--2328