Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl District, Aizawl.
The Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl District, Aizawl is located in the heart of the city "Teasury Square". Ensuring a well-run, fair, and effective public service are some of the goals of the Office.
The Office is organized into different branches as stated below:
The duties and activities of Arms Branch are as indicated below:
- Records and Registers are maintained for every Category of Arms separately.
- Explosive Possession License (Permit) are issued in accordance of Explosive Rules.
- Arms Repairing License are issued as per approval of Home Department, Government of Mizoram.
- Arms Dealership License are issued as per approval of Home Department, Government of Mizoram.
As per instructions of Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, National Database of Arm Licences (NDAL)project is being implemented in full swing. Before doing Online Registration, filtering is done for regularization of rightful ownership of Arms Licences.
As such, total applications for change of ownership of Arms Licences received from Aizawl District as on 25.02.2016 is as follows:-
- No. of applications already submitted to Home Dept. Govt. of Mizoram for approval—2469
- No. of applications received back from Home Dept. Govt. of Mizoram after approval--2328
Inner Line Permit Branch
Inner Line Permit for non-Mizo are issued from this office.The Deputy Commisioners Office issues a temporary pass to those who are not of Mizo origin called the Inner Line Pass under the Inner Line Regulation Act of 1897.
- Temporary ILP – The Resident Commissioner, Govt. of Mizoram at New Delhi, the liason Officer – Silchar, Shillong, Guwahati, Kolkatta, the Dy. Superintendent of Police-in-charge of Airport Security at Lengpui Officer-in-charge of Kanhmun Police Station, Administrative Officer, Bairabi and SDO© Ngopa are authorized to issue Temporary ILP in Form E for a period not exceeding 15(fifteen) days to bonafide visitors/tourists or business representatives with intimation to the concerned Deputy Commissioner. For a group of 4 or more persons Restricted Area Permit(RAP) can be obtained from the Government of Mizoram through Liason Officers posted at New Delhi, Kolkatta and Guwahati. For less than 4 persons RAP has to be obtained from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Regular ILP – The Deputy Commissioner of Aizawl District, Lunglei District, Kolasib District, Mamit District, Serchhip District, Champhai District, Lawngtlai District and Saiha District or any other concerned subordinate officer authorized by them on their behalf shall be competent to issue regular ILP for a period not exceeding 6(six)months, subject to the avaibility of a sponsor who is a bonafide indigenous resident.
The following are the necessary steps to get Inner Line Pass :-
- A person who wants to employ non-Mizo person(s) to work in Mizoram has to submit an application for a Provisional Permit written in plain paper and addressed to the Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl.
- The following documents are needed for the application of a Regular Inner Line Permit :
- Form ‘A’ which can be bought for Rs. 20/-
- Temporary Inner Line Permit.
- Provisional Permit
- The applicant for Inner Line Permit must enclose 4 passport size photographs each of the of the Sponsor and the pass holder.
- A regular Inner Line Permit has a term of 18 months and it has to be renewed twice at an interval of every 6 months to be fully valid within these 18 months.
- At the time of every renewal, an application form costing Rs.20/- has to be enclosed. The renewal fee is Rs.100/-
- The Sponsor must present himself at the office in all matters related to Regular Inner Line Permit.
- A Regular ILP of 6(six) months validity per person – Rs.1000/-
- 2(two)years validity per person – Rs.2000/-
With reference to Govt.of Mizoram,Home Department ,Notification No.F22016/5/11 HMP dated 10.07.15,an ILP Sponsor has to give a Security Deposit, Bank Deposit At Call at a Bank recognized by the Govt.of Mizoram through DCR Challan. ILP sponsorship cannot be made henceforth unless a security deposit has been made as under:
Once the services of the permit holder is no longer required, the sponsor will surrender the ILP to the DC,Aizawl and the Security Deposit will be credited back to the sponsor. Anyone failing to comply will not be permitted to act as sponsor for a period of 2(two)years and he shall forfeit his security deposit. If the ILP is not renewed on time,it may be subjected to cancellation.
Renewal(Form C) :Rs.20/-
Fresh (Form A 1 & A2) :Rs.50/-
2(two)years validity : Rs. 2000/-
6(six) months validity Regular ILP (fresh) : Rs. 270/-
6(six) months validity Regular ILP (renewal) : Rs.150/-
Temporary Stay Permit with a validity of 2 months : Rs.120/-
The Establishment Branch deals with Personal and General Administration, Office Stationery, Visits of VVIPs and VIPs and other related matters. This Branch is headed by Head Assistant who also supervises the entire staff of the Deputy Commissioner's Office, Aizawl. Personal Files as well as Service Book of Non-Gazetted staff and personal files of Gazetted Officers are dealt and maintained by this Branch.
Planning & Development
This Branch is under the direct control of the Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl. This Branch deals with all files pertaining of District Level Committees, of which Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl is the Chairman. Implementation of MPLADS, both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and MLALADS ia also carried out by this branch. Matters pertaining to census are also dealt with by this branch.
This branch deals with matters relating to law and order, conduct of Inquiries by Magistrates, as well as permission for public activities, issuance of Schedule Tribe, Residential, Birth and Income Certificates.
The duties and activities of Election Branch are as indicated below:
- The Election Commission of India, from time to time have ordered Intensive, Summary, Special Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls. In these connections, the Election Branch of the District Election Officer’s Office, performs all related works such as Designation of Returning Officers, Asst. Electoral Registration Officers have also been processed by the Election Officer.
- Since the Electors’ Photo Identity Cards has introduced by the Election Commission of India, more than 80% of the Electors has been photographed and the distribution of the same has been done through the appointed Booth Level Officers of the designated polling stations. Photo Electoral Rolls has also been prepared for the first time in the Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls, 2007
- As per the guidelines issued by the Election Commission of India, Booth Level Officers for all Polling Stations in Aizawl District has been appointed. Also issued guidelines for Booth Level Officers.
- Computerization of Electoral Rolls has been started since summary Revision of Electoral Rolls, 1998 as per the order of Election Commission of India.
Disaster Mangement & Rehabilitation
This Branch deals with relief and rehabilitation of victims of Natural Calamities whenever any natural calamities occurs within the district, Verifying Officers are detailed for spot verification and giving relief to the victims based on the reports of the Officers in terms giving immediate relief in the form of financial assistance, disbursement of materials like GCI sheets and silpouline free of cost, etc. This branch deals with matters relating to District Disaster Management Programme (UNDP-GOI Programme). This branch is under the direct control of SDO(S) who is a nodal Officer of the District Disaster Management Committee for Aizawl District. The SDO(S)'s Office Chamber is declared as a Control Room for Disaster Management, Aizawl District. The report of damages caused by landslide and fires etc. to dwelling houses should be written in plain paper and addressed to the Deputy Commissioner. The report should clearly state the date, time and place of occurance of the Natural Calamity. All these facts shall then be verified first hand by an Officer designated by the Deputy Commissioner for spot inspection.
Land & Building
This branch deals with matters relating to Land and Building within the District, the main functions and duties are as follows:
- Land Acquisition
- Assessment of damaged compensation
- Assessment of occupied land and fixing of rent etc.
- Fixation & re-fixation of fair rent.
The main activities of Vehicle Branch are management of Vehicles under the office and assignment of drivers for their respective duty etc.
Stationery Branch under D.C’s Office deals with the Stationery requirements of all the Branches of the DC’s Office, Aizawland its also maintains various properties of the office. All payments of the telephone bills of Officers, Electricity and water bills of the office are done by this Branch. Mizoram is visited by several VVIP’s/VIPs within a year and it is the responsibility of the DC’s Office to make arrangements for Reception, Usher, Seat arrangement and Decorations and to receive & see off the VVIPs/VIPs on their departures. It also makes arrangements for all National and important days like Independence Day, Republic Day and some important Mizo Festivals. Preparations for these occupations are taken up by Stationery Branch. The Stationery Branch also sends recommendations of individuals from Mizoram for various National Awards like the Padma Shree, Bravery Awards like Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards, Kabir Puraskar Awards etc. to the Home Ministry, Govt. of India through the Home Department. The selected individuals receive their awards in New Delhi or on National functions and there are several individuals from the Mizo community who have received such awards. Since, the DC is the District Magistrate, no ciatation is accepted by the Home Ministry without his signature on the Certificate of Character & Antecedents. As responsibility for all National Important Days Functions rest upon the Stationery Branch, all the list of VIPs within Mizoram State and lists of Officers within Aizawl District alongwith their designations are maintained up-to-date in the office.
The main strength of Housing Loan Branch, Deputy Commissioner’s Office are as follows:
- Housing Loan Branch of DC(A) was set up in 1972. The main duties of this Branch include handing out loans to eligible persons for construction of building. The type of loan has been divided into two(2) categories –viz MIG (Middle Income Group) and LIG (Lower Income Group).
- Housing Loan Branch of DC(A) started giving out Loans from 1972 till 1989 after which it was handover to Local Administration Department.
- The length for recovery of the loan is set at 25 years during which each borrower are expected to make full recovery.
- The period for recovery has been divided into 25 installments in which recovery has to made one a year. The borrower has to pay principle of the loan for the first 17 years and the remaining year for the interest of the loan.
- Repayment defaulters are given notice at frequent intervals for effecting recovery of outstanding amount. This is a continuous and on going process of Housing Loan Branch.
- Achievement report of Housing Loan Branch is also prepared every financial rae to have indepth knowledge of the amount recovered annually.
- There are 3(Three) staffs and 1(one) group D’ Staff in Housing Loan Branch Deputy Commissioner’s Office, Aizawl.